Today I made my last trip to the store before Halloween. Hailey needed a wand for her costume and I wanted to pick up a few things to make a quick treat for the kids tonight.
Preparing our kids for Halloween can always be a bit of a challenge because they get scared of some of the costumes out there. So I’m trying show them how fun it can be. I have seen some pretty awesome Halloween treats on Pinterest and all over Facebook. Even though they are great, I just don’t feel they are appropriate for my little ones. With them being so small, I have to be mindful of their fears and I want them to really enjoy this time of the year.
I tried to think of their favorite characters on television right now. The first one that came to mind was Mickey Mouse. I seriously cannot think of a child that doesn’t LOVE Mickey Mouse. I know Hailey and Kenny adore the “Hot Dog” song. That’s their jam! We decided to go along with our Mickey Mouse theme and create some fun treats.
These Mickey Halloween Oreos are so cute! They are so inexpensive and they don’t require too much time. If your kids are a bit older, they can certainly help. Let me show you how we created these Halloween Oreos!
What you’ll need:
White Chocolate Melting Wafers
Double Stuf Oreos
- Melt the wafers according to the instructions found on the bag.
- Lay out parchment paper and place the sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Dip the Double Stuf Oreo into the melted chocolate. You can either dip half or the entire Oreo into the chocolate. With a spoon, remove the excess chocolate from the Oreo so that it doesn’t drip off.
- Next, sprinkle the Oreo with your favorite color or colors of sprinkles. If you are wanting to do the Jack-o-lantern, grab a toothpick and dip it into the chocolate. Then, you can draw the face onto the Oreo and top with your favorite sprinkles. Shake off the excess.
- Once you have finished the Double Stuf Oreo, you can then grab the mini Oreos. Pull apart the mini Oreo so that you have have two ears for Mickey. Take out the filling and you can either leave them as is, or dip them into sprinkles as you did with the Double Stuf Oreos.
- Finally, you will open up a little bit of the Double Stuf Oreo and place the ears inside of the cookie. Try to make sure that the ears are stuck inside the filling so that they do not fall off.
The littles will love this! Make sure to have fun and get creative with this awesome idea. I even made a few extra to give out to our nieces and nephews tomorrow. We are so pumped for all the festivities to begin!