I love driving by our neighborhood and seeing all the beautiful decorations outside the homes. Especially, in the fall and winter seasons. It is so common to see wreaths decorated in many, many different ways. We’ve actually never had one and as I have mentioned before, I am determined in decorating our home this year but want to make it worth my time and efforts.
At first, I went online and viewed a few wreaths and while they were absolutely stunning, there was no way I was going to spend a ton of money on something that I could easily make. On Etsy for example, the wreaths that I was viewing were between $50 – $130. I know that I could go to our local Walmart or even the dollar store to get some of my supplies and spend a lot less. So, that’s exactly what I did. Not only was I able to save money but I also created something original for our home. I knew I wasn’t gonna find this wreath anywhere else and that made me super happy.
Here’s what you’ll need in order to make this gorgeous fall inspired wreath:
Wood letter of your choice
Medium Grapevine Oval Wreath
1. Start off by looking at some inspiration so that you know exactly what you want your wreath to look like. Check out colors and different flower variations so that the wreath reflects you and your home.
2. Next, cut off the stems of the flowers so that the flowers are easy to glue onto the wreath but leave a small part of the stem attached so that you can still glue it down to the wreath.
3. Lay the wreath on a flat surface and begin to place the flowers on the wreath but do not glue them down. This will allow you to play around with the look of the wreath and the placement of the flowers.
4. Once you have figured out the exact layout of the flowers, take them off the wreath and place them on the outside so that they do not lose their place. This will allow you to remain organized while you work.
5. Start to glue the flowers around the wreath until you have reached your desired look.
6. Finally, place glue on the back of the wood letter and place it on the wreath. Finish the look by making a bow and adding it to the wreath.
Try it out and let us know how you customized your own wreath!