There are some things that just make me feel like I have it together as a parent. One of them is feeding my kids a good breakfast before we head out the door in the morning. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out that way. They aren’t hungry, throw the bowl of cereal on the floor, or they literally take one bite and are somehow full.
Breakfast is a struggle at times. Especially, on the days that we have to be out the door at 8 in the morning. That’s why we decided to plan ahead this week. These chocolate chip oatmeal bites were a huge hit! They have everything you want in your child’s breakfast (except the chocolate chips but hey, we can splurge a bit). The best part about it is that you don’t have to add the chocolate chips. You can add some fresh fruit instead for a healthier breakfast option.
Oatmeal bites have become my favorite snack, too. Luckily, I don’t have to worry so much if I decide to eat 2 or 3. We absolutely love these because we can eat them as a snack, breakfast, or even a treat. Oh, and did I mention they are so easy to make? Let’s get started!
Ingredients: (Serves: 12 oatmeal bites)
3 Large ripe bananas
½ cup Crunchy peanut butter
1 TBSP Butter softened
2 TBSP Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 ½ cup Oats
1 teaspoon Baking powder
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 egg, beaten
½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In another large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. (oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt)
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Next, add the egg and stir until it is all combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips to the mixture and combine.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and form large, flat cookies with your hands and place them on the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet.
Now, grab some of these treats and don’t beat yourself up for it. Enjoy!