One of my biggest cravings when I was pregnant with Jonathan were Apple Pies. I remember going to McDonald’s several times throughout the day to purchase one, two, or even three at a time. I would pull up to the drive-thru window embarrassed because I knew it was the same employee who had helped me a few hours earlier.
Even though I’m no longer pregnant, I still like to indulge in anything that involves apple pie. Not to mention, it is also the best time of the year to go apple picking in Wisconsin. When you combine fall and some amazing apple recipes, you are destined to have an awesome day. So, let’s start off this October with delicious Apple Pie Crescent Rolls!
Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls (8oz)
1 small Granny Smith Apple (cored and cut into 8 slices)
3 Tbsp Butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped Pecans
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
¼ cup light Brown Sugar
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and lay the crescent roll triangles on top.
- Combine the brown sugar and apple pie spice in a small bowl and then distribute the mixture on top of the triangles.
- Next, distribute the pecans on top of each triangle.
- Dip the apple slices in the melted butter and then place on the wide end of the crescent.
- Carefully, wrap the triangle around each apple.
- With the remaining butter, slightly brush the top of the crescents and sprinkle apple pie spice.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 10-12 minutes and enjoy!