Our household is all about the red, white, and blue these days!
I don’t know about you, but I want a relaxing and enjoyable Fourth of July. To me that means minimal cooking, prepping, and decorating. So that’s what I’ve accomplished this year.
We want easy foods that everyone enjoys. How does a fruit pizza sound? This easy dessert is so fun to make. You can mix up the fruit to match any holiday or celebration. With it being so close to the fourth, I added my own little spin to it. Even the kids decided to join.
This fun and delicious fruit pizza will definitely be a hit with family and friends!
Let’s get started!
2 large Eggs
14 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Sugar
Fresh fruit of your choice
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
7 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
1 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
12 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- First, we will want to make the cookie. Begin by combining the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Combine until it is fluffy. Next, you will add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Mix until it is combined. Put the dough into the fridge to cool down.
- Once it’s cool, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough and place onto a baking stone. Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of sugar on the cookie before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow the cookie to cool down before spreading the frosting.
- While the cookie cools, mix all the ingredients for the frosting.
- When the cookie is ready, spread the frosting evenly across the top.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and place in the fridge to allow the frosting to thicken.